600 grams Beef (thinly sliced)
2 Tbsp Vinegar — to rinse the beef
600 grams Hor Fun Noodles
400 grams chopped Mustard Greens or Spinach or Xiao Bai Cai
1 large stalk of Spring Onion/Scallion
5 round slices of Ginger
5 large cloves of Garlic — sliced
3 Tbsp Oil (to swirl around wok)
For Beef Marinade:
3 tsp ginger juice (crash/smash ginger without water and squeeze out the juice)
1 tsp salt
1 tsp brown sugar
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp sesame oil
1 tsp sunflower oil
Sauce for the Noodles:
1 1/2 – 2 tbsp soy sauce
2 tbsp water
Sauce for Beef Gravy
3 tsp soy sauce
3 tsp dark soy sauce
2 tsp oyster sauce
1/2 tsp brown sugar
1 1/2-2 tsp all purpose seasoning powder
1/2 cup water
5 tsp corn starch
1 Rinse sliced beef very well (many times)
2 Add Vinegar and scrub well into beef
3 Rinse again and leave it drain for 10-20mins.
4 crush/smash ginger without water & squeeze out the juice
5 Add ginger juice, oils, baking soda, sugar and salt to the beef.
6 Rub well to beef.
7 Marinate at room temp for 30mins.
1 Prepare the sauce for Beef gravy by mixing the following:
– soy sauce
– dark soy sauce
– oyster sauce
– seasoning powder
– corn starch
2 Mix well and set aside.
* Prepare Sping Onion, Garlic and Giner (all sliced)
* Mix Water & Soy Sauce for Noodles
* Rinse Greens well. Remove thick part.
* Bring water to boil and add marinated beef. Leave it for 5mins. Dain & set aside.
* Heat wok and put oil. Add noodles & Noodle Sauce. Put on serving dish.
* Heat wok and put oil. Add greens (30 sec or until tender). Put on top of Noodles.
1 Put oil in wok and add chopped ingredients: Ginger, Garlic & Spring Onion.
2 Add Beef. Mix for 3mins.
3 Add Sauce mixture. Allow the sauce to simmer & Beef to get tender
4 Add 1 cup water (wash out the sauce container).
5 Add few drops of sesame oil
6 add few/half of greens.
* Add on top of Noodles & Greens.
Credits to Recipesaresimple